Thursday, August 13, 2009

Oh Geez!

"Last post April 2, 2009" ?!?!? Boy, am I behind! But only by about 6 months *cringe*! Sooo much has happened since then. It will take me some time to catch up, but I assure you that I will try. I am currently hiding in my room (yes, from my children) while I am waiting for Troy to come home. I just need a break! I've kept repeating that to myself today like some kind of mantra, which it is as far as any mom is concerned. I am looking forward to this Sunday, not only because it is my 24th birthday, but also because troy will be beack from chaparoning our youth group on a weekend trip (he leaves tomorrow night). His parents are out of town, his brother is out of town, my mom will be out of town, and so will Troy. Just me and the babies all weekend. Hmmm...

Graham has discovered my hiding spot and is handing me everything that is on my floor - which is a lot of stuff because the boys were playing in here today and made a huge mess out of my Avon samples. Hey, at least he is picking them up.

Gabriel is in the front room watching a movie and at this point in the day, I don't feel bad in the least that he is so zoned out he wouldn't notice if the house burned down until the TV stopped working.

Gabriel starts preschool in a few weeks, and I am thrilled! He needs some new stimulation, and I just don't seem to be able to provide it. I will look forward to having lesson plans from teachers that I can center our days on during the week. His third birthday is Tuesday. I can't believe that he will be 3!! We are having a spider man party for him and he is so excited!!

Graham is walking, talking, throwing, chasing, feeding himself, AND teething. This is all fun except for the last part.

My parents will be here any minute for an authentic Mexican feast which I have yet to start, and so I will sign off to get that ready.

No comments: