Tuesday, January 20, 2009

President Obama

We were watching the Presidential Inauguration today, and I had to keep myself from having a panic attack. What is going to happen to our country now? Or - more accurately to my current thinking - forget the country, what about my kids? Will they know what an amazing place America is? Will we still be amazing when they are old enough to realize that they should consider themselves lucky to be Americans? Will they even BE lucky to be American? I don't know. All I know is that this is most definitely something that is out of my control, and so I have to make the concious effort of leaving the worrying up to God. I support the President because he is my President. I don't think it has anything to do with race. I could care less if he was purple. My only concern, like I've said, is what happens to our country and my family. So long as President Obama upholds his responsibility to protect us and act in our best interest, he'll be doing a great job as far as I am concerned.

No comments: